14-year-old Nadia Ilse before her surgery and after. (Photo: cnn.com)
We just found out about Nadia Ilse, a Georgia teen who received $40,000 worth of free plastic surgery to help her avoid being bullied at school. It’s a common story of a kid being harassed at school (or perhaps experienced), but this instance has an unusual ending.
actually i think this story is pretty disgusting because instead of teaching her that she was beautiful anyway, they taught her that if she changed herself she would be beautiful.
It’s good that she’s more confident now, but it’s horrible that she had to go through plastic surgery to feel that way.
I was bullied all my life too, what, would paying to make me not fat make me REALLY feel that much more beautiful, or teach me that my beauty is conditional?
Reblogged From birchbox
Posted By birchbox
- world-realities reblogged this from birchbox
- dyideesh reblogged this from birchbox
- yeahokayilldowhateveriwant reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- hndwrttn reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- stephaniexwins likes this
- dearestjack likes this
- chynawhyte likes this
- videogameheart likes this
- soy reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- whatshallweeverdo likes this
- itsumaden reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- thehiddenrabbit reblogged this from birchbox
- slapdashhh likes this
- birchbox posted this